Re: read-only mode

On 18.01.06, Roey Katz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I invoke JED in read-only mode?

> There is a 'most.sl' but it
> didn't come with jed on my debian/sid system.

Strange, it should be in /usr/share/jed/lib/ (at least here it is and AFAIK
it was in all versions of jed-common*.deb.

> I just want to make it so that I can't modify and inadvertantly save
> files.  Is there a '-R' switch  of some sort there?

The function name is most_mode, so inside jed you can use M-x most-mode.

At startup you can use e.g.

   jed your-file.txt -f most_mode
   jed your-file.txt --most_mode
   jed your-file.txt --most-mode
  xjed your-file.txt -f most_mode
  xjed your-file.txt --most-mode

while with

   jed --most-mode your-file.txt

the most mode will be overwritten with txt_mode when the file is loaded.

Guenter

--
Milde ife.et.tu-dresden.de