Re: ! Re: x-keydefs.sl

Hi Guenter,

I have similar wishes for all keys to be defined for Windows
and unix/linux environments and there I have updated my
keydefs.sl to deal with that. I has also some "gold" key definitions
that I like to have for my EDT emulation. I will report
on that in a seperate mail, but will enclose my keydefs.sl
file here. Please have a look and comment if you want.

I have already worked on edt.sl to use the symbolic key names.
Give me some time to explain what I did and then I'll post it here.

Greetings,
           Thei Wijnen.

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, G. Milde wrote:

On 17.01.06, Marko Mahnic wrote:
John E. Davis wrote:

Are these key definitions used only by brief.sl?

These definitions should be used in the modes that use the
numeric keypad. These are at least brief.sl and edt.sl.

Besides the numeric keypad, there are definitions for key combinations that
are commonly used on the IBM-PC but missing in keydefs.sl like Shift-Tab.

Before that edt.sl should be modified to use the Key_KP_X variables.

Actually, there are quit a lot of modes in JED_ROOT/lib that should be
modified to use Key_* variables (be it keydefs.sl or x-keydefs.sl).

Unfortunately after looking at x-keydefs.sl I see that it is missing
the definitions in the DOS section, so it is not yet suitable for
the jed library.

I will see what I can do for edt.sl and x-keydefs.sl in next two weeks.
If I am not able to find time to fix it, I suppose I will leave it
for the next release.

Maybe someone with Jed under DOS or Windos could help to find
out the strings sent by

Key_Ctrl_Tab
Key_Alt_Tab
Key_Shift_Return