Re: Ispell possibly broken in latest Debian/Ubuntu?

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:37:32 -0800, Dave Laird <dlaird@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Here's Ispell:

> @(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 10/10/95, patch 1
> @(#) Copyright (c), 1983, by Pace Willisson
> @(#) International version Copyright (c) 1987, 1988, 1990-1995,
> @(#) by Geoff Kuenning, Granada Hills, CA.  All rights reserved.

I have the same version.

> Actually the loss of screen colors is the only outward manifestation,
> other than the error messages, that anything is wrong. Instead of using my
> default format (I use ide) I revert to something else entirely that will
> only let me quit Jed with <CTL>e. It is recoverable, but the screen is
> hideous to behold, a black background with grey lettering. However, once I
> turn off ispell_init and flyspell in my .jedrc file, everything works as
> before. Very strange...

What is happening is that ispell_init.sl or flyspell.sl is causing an
error, which terminates the processing of your .jedrc, which causes JED
to start with the default colour scheme and keybindings.  If you go
into flyspell.sl and type M-x evalbuffer, what line is the cursor left
on?  What's in the *traceback* buffer?