Re: Ispell possibly broken in latest Debian/Ubuntu?

Good morning, Paul...

On Friday 06 January 2006 10:41 pm, you wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 17:37:32 -0800, Dave Laird <dlaird@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> > Here's Ispell:
> >
> > @(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 10/10/95, patch 1
> > @(#) Copyright (c), 1983, by Pace Willisson
> > @(#) International version Copyright (c) 1987, 1988, 1990-1995,
> > @(#) by Geoff Kuenning, Granada Hills, CA.  All rights reserved.
>
> I have the same version.

Good. That is a good place to start. I suppose eventually we are going to
have to migrate to Aspell, but that is a battle for a different day
perhaps. I even played once with trying to code a thesaurus to work with
Jed, but I lacked the prerequisite skills at programming, I'm afraid.

> What is happening is that ispell_init.sl or flyspell.sl is causing an
> error, which terminates the processing of your .jedrc, which causes JED
> to start with the default colour scheme and keybindings.  If you go
> into flyspell.sl and type M-x evalbuffer, what line is the cursor left
> on?  What's in the *traceback* buffer?

The cursor is left at line 1 of flyspell.sl. There is no traceback buffer
that I can see, at least if it would be included in the list of open
buffers. There are two buffers, according to what I see; one is
flyspell.sl and the other a scratch buffer. However, at 5:00 AM PST, I am
still on my first cup of coffee, and probably not fully awake yet. I'll
persevere.

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Dave@xxxxxxxxxx)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random fortune For the Minute from Unix fortunes:
When the revolution comes, count your change.