Re: Ispell possibly broken in latest Debian/Ubuntu?

Good evening, Paul...

On Friday 06 January 2006 12:40 pm, you wrote:

> Which version of JED are you using?  Which version of ispell/aspell?  Is
> JED running in utf-8 mode?  I see that the default for Ispell_Letters
> causes problems in utf-8 mode, but no "loss of screen and color control".

Here's Jed with the S-lang version:

Jed Version: B0.99.17-111
S-Lang Version: 2.0.4

Here's Ispell:

@(#) International Ispell Version 3.1.20 10/10/95, patch 1
@(#) Copyright (c), 1983, by Pace Willisson
@(#) International version Copyright (c) 1987, 1988, 1990-1995,
@(#) by Geoff Kuenning, Granada Hills, CA.  All rights reserved.

Hmph. It does appear that the version of Ispell is dated a bit, or perhaps
that is just simply because it is slowly being deprecated in favor of
Aspell. Once a long time back I had aspell working flawlessly with Jed,
but not since I began the transition to Unbuntu. Could *THAT* be the
problem? However, I had a six-line script back then Jed talk to Aspell in
lieu of Ispell.

Actually the loss of screen colors is the only outward manifestation,
other than the error messages, that anything is wrong. Instead of using my
default format (I use ide) I revert to something else entirely that will
only let me quit Jed with <CTL>e. It is recoverable, but the screen is
hideous to behold, a black background with grey lettering. However, once I
turn off ispell_init and flyspell in my .jedrc file, everything works as
before. Very strange...

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Dave@xxxxxxxxxx)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random thought For the Minute:
HERE LIES LESTER MOORE
SHOT 4 TIMES WITH A .44
NO LES
NO MOORE