Autowrap and old questions

Hi,
is jed capable of wrapping text without actually touching the file (ie: inserting a \n)? Most editors (vi for example) show the text that gets past the last column below the current line, but this doesn't modify the text, it is just a visualization. Also, (independently of having this kind of autowrap, or the autowrap that jed seems to have) is there a way to make the last column number (where text should wrap) be detected automatically? It is kinda annoying to have to specify a number manually, which will be invalidated if I resize the terminal (something like gettin the env var "$COLUMNS").

Thanks

BTW: i sent another email some weeks ago, regarding the minibuffer coloring and I saw no reply. I don't intend a reply for every probably annoying mail I send, but it would be good to know if it is possible or not what I described there.

Thanks again