Re: Autowrap and old questions

Good evening...

On Friday 06 January 2006 08:51 pm, you wrote:

> Hi,
> is jed capable of wrapping text without actually touching the file (ie:
> inserting a \n)? Most editors (vi for example) show the text that gets
> past the last column below the current line, but this doesn't modify the
> text, it is just a visualization.

> Also, (independently of having this kind of autowrap, or the autowrap
> that jed seems to have) is there a way to make the last column number
> (where text should wrap) be detected automatically? It is kinda annoying
> to have to specify a number manually, which will be invalidated if I
> resize the terminal (something like gettin the env var "$COLUMNS").

Here is a text file typed into Jed as it appears using cat showing the
line ends:

This is a test of Jed's word-wrapping, since it is a reasonable question$
of how Jed wraps the line. These lines are being wrapped at approximately$
76 characters, and saving the file as text. $

Note the $ signs which apparently denote the end of the lines, but not a
true LF/CR, which is the \n, I believe. However, I could be wrong.

> BTW: i sent another email some weeks ago, regarding the minibuffer
> coloring and I saw no reply. I don't intend a reply for every probably
> annoying mail I send, but it would be good to know if it is possible or
> not what I described there.

I didn't see it. Could you please send it again? I'll try and answer your
question if I can.

Dave
--
Dave Laird (Dave@xxxxxxxxxx)
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random Fortune For the Minute from Unix Fortunes:

Time to fertilize the lawn.  A couple of 500-pound bags should do it!

		-- Homer Simpson
		   Homer vs. Patty and Selma