Re: pesky link files on Mac OSX

Bob Bernstein <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Editing a file, say .jedrc, in jed causes a link to be created in the
>same directory:
>
>$ ls -al .#.jedrc
>lrwxr-xr-x  1 bob  bob  10 30 Aug 22:36 .#.jedrc -> bob@.13139
>
>Now jed throws an error when I try to save the edited .jedrc; the save
>can't be accomplished until the link, above, is removed. It acts like
>a lock file.

This shows that .jedrc is locked by user "bob", with pid=13139, on
host="".  There appears to be a bug in the code that parses this
format when an empty host is encountered in the name of the lock file.
Until the bug is fixed, the work-around is to specify a hostname in
your .jedrc file:

   set_hostname ("localhost");

Hopefully this will solve your problem.