Compiling wjed 0.99-17.111 on Windows using Borland

Hi,

I have been trying to  build  wjed  0.99-17.111    based   on
slang2.04 on Windows using Borland     C++  5.5.1  für  Win32
Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland.

I don't know  whether    Borland is being actively supported,
still,   I would like  to submit  a list  of issues I came up
with for  your  consideration (they are mere suggestions, you
might find better ways to fix this):

1) makefile hassles:

Response files settings for this version of BCC are:
RSP_PREFIX =+
RSP_POSTFIX =

Still, there is something wrong with the linker settings  for
both  slang and  wjed. I enclose  makefiles   generated    by
Trolltech's qmake.

2) slarith.c: slang initialization

FLT_MAX,DBL_MAX  are variable    references in  Borland C and
therefore  cannot    be used  in  static     initializations.
Admittedly odd.  I printed  out the values and  inserted them
manually.

3) slmath.c: defining  HAS_IEEE_FP leads to numeric overflows
   in add_nan_and_inf();   I had  to comment  it out. This is
   hopefully sufficient for jed.

4) texcom.sl: (indepently of compilers)
   TeX's verbatim mode is enclosed in
   \\begin{verbatim},   \\end{verbatim} (instead of {verbatum})

5) config.h
  re-defining mode_t ,pid_t ,uid_t, gid_t as "int" leads to errors
  when  including sys/types.h
  ("typedef  mode_t int;" becomes "typedef  int int;");
  this is not required for  Borland.

6) wterm.c
  Referencing addresses of struct members in static
  initializations as in

   { "Foreground",   MSW_COLOR_TYPE,    "192,192,192",
&JColors[JNORMAL_COLOR].fg },

   is for some reason not  possible in  Borland C.  I rewrote
   the code to do the assignments programmatically.

7) When compiling with  the Codeguard   memory debugger, wjed
   crashes when    quitting. This  could  (?)  be  caused  by
   atexit/exit(), which leads me to suggest to provide  a way
   to leave the main loop via  return  on  Windows (this will
   probably not be possible on X11).

I hope, this helps.

I will send the attachments in a follow-up; the list server appears to
reject them.

Friedemann Kleint