test - pls ignore

Just a test...attached is a small text.

--
Bob Bernstein

          And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
          Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons
with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational metaphysical
beliefs. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email,
although the yorkshire terrier next door is living on borrowed time,
let me tell you.
Yet we must not deal in too negative a fashion even with the
"external self." This self is not by nature evil, and the fact
that it is unsubstantial is not to be imputed to it as some kind
of crime. It is afflicted with metaphysical poverty: but all that
is poor deserves mercy. So too our outward self: as long as it
does not isolate itself in a lie, it is blessed by the mercy and
love of Christ. Appearances are to be accepted for what they are.
The accidents of a poor and transient existence have,
nevertheless, an effable value. They can be transparent media in
which we apprehend the presence of God in the world. It is
possible to speak of the external self as a mask: to do so is not
necessarily to reprove it. The mask that each man wears may well
be a disguise not only for that man's inner self but for God,
wandering as a pilgrim and exile in His own creation.

From _New Seeds of Contemplation_ (New York: New Directions,
1962), pp. 295-296