Re: Disable jed.conf (was: Re: Intention of jed-script)

Joerg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I think it is really necessary to _not_ load jed.conf some times. One
>time is when jed is called as jed-script and the other situation when a
>command line option is given, e.g. --no-etc-conf. How do you think?

As previously mentioned, I do not believe that the problem is with
jed's loading of jed.conf; rather the problem is with the contents of
jed.conf.

>> in your .jedrc file, and then run `jed --batch`.  Now create a script,
>> e.g., /tmp/foo that contains:
>>
>>   #!/usr/bin/env jed-script
>>   vmessage ("jed-script running: BATCH=%d", BATCH);
>
>Interesting. Really interesting.

If jed.conf does something that it should not in batch or script mode,
then it should be modified to perform such operations in a conditional
manner, e.g.,

   % jed.conf
   if (Batch === 0)
     {
        % interactive mode
	  .
	  .
     }
   if (Batch == 1)
     {
        % jed started via `jed --batch`
	  .
	  .
     }
   if (Batch == 2)
     {
        % jed started via `jed --script` or `jed-script`.
	  .
	  .