Disable jed.conf (was: Re: Intention of jed-script)

"John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joerg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>If yes, I think it should not load site.sl, because there are not options
>>to tell jed-script to not load user config, which leads to bizarre
>>effects.
>
> jed-script does not load your .jedrc file.

Then site.sl is my problem:

$ jed-script ~/test.sl
***Warning: feature mini not found in mini
Test

Can I somehow disable loading of site.sl?

The problem I observed, if root has a directory ~/.jed/lib/dfa and
jed.conf runs home-lib.sl, the dfa files will be created in this
directory and not in JED_ROOT/lib.

I think it is really necessary to _not_ load jed.conf some times. One
time is when jed is called as jed-script and the other situation when a
command line option is given, e.g. --no-etc-conf. How do you think?

> in your .jedrc file, and then run `jed --batch`.  Now create a script,
> e.g., /tmp/foo that contains:
>
>   #!/usr/bin/env jed-script
>   vmessage ("jed-script running: BATCH=%d", BATCH);

Interesting. Really interesting.

Jörg.
--
Alle reden von sexueller Belästigung am Arbeitsplatz.. Wenn das nicht
bald losgeht, kündige ICH!