Re: Debian jed upgrade problem

On  9.06.05, John E. Davis wrote:
> Holger Lillqvist <holger.lillqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >However, reinstalling brought with a new problem: the background is now
> >black and the text white, although my .jedrc contains the following
> >lines:
> >
> >   $1 = "black"; $2 = "white";
> >   set_color("normal", $1, $2);                   % default fg/bg

> Perhaps this will help:
>
> Changes since B0.99-12 {{{
>
> 0.  Important Notes:
>
>  a) If you are not using set_color_scheme to set colors, you may find
>     that your color settings will not work.  Now, if the user does not
>     call set_color_scheme, it will automatically be called with
>     _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme.  If you do not want this feature, set
>     _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme to NULL after setting your colors.
>
> A better solution is to create a directory containing your color
> schemes, ...

A simpler solution is to use a predefined color scheme and modify it

    set_color_scheme("white1");
    % override some settings
    set_color(  ...

at least if white1.sl does mainly what you intend.

Debian users can also install jed-extra.deb for additional color schemes.
Also, with jed-extra, the Color_Scheme_Path already contains
"~/.jed/lib/colors" (if this directory exists) so you can simply put your
own color shemes there.

G.Milde web.de