Re: Debian jed upgrade problem

Holger Lillqvist <holger.lillqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>However, reinstalling brought with a new problem: the background is now
>black and the text white, although my .jedrc contains the following
>lines:
>
>   $1 = "black"; $2 = "white";
>   set_color("normal", $1, $2);                   % default fg/bg
>
>Any suggestions on how to cure this problem?

I answered a similar question on comp.editors:

On 17 May 2005 22:24:20 GMT, Markku S <mstrandm@_MOI_sirppi.helsinki.fi.invalid>
wrote:
>Of course. That worked with some old version but it doesn't anymore. I
>guess that jed loads some preset color scheme after my jedrc.

Perhaps this will help:

Changes since B0.99-12 {{{

0.  Important Notes:

 a) If you are not using set_color_scheme to set colors, you may find
    that your color settings will not work.  Now, if the user does not
    call set_color_scheme, it will automatically be called with
    _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme.  If you do not want this feature, set
    _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme to NULL after setting your colors.

A better solution is to create a directory containing your color
schemes, e.g.,

  mkdir -p /your/home/dir/jed/colors

Suppose your color scheme is called "scarlet".  Then put the set_color
commands for the scarlet scheme in a file called scarlet.sl in that
directory.

Then in your .jedrc put:

   Color_Scheme_Path = "/your/home/dir/jed/colors," + Color_Scheme_Path;
                                                 ^
                                                 +--- Note the comma
   set_color_scheme ("scarlet");

If done correctly, your color scheme should show up under the
Windows->Color Schemes menu item.

Good luck,