Re: skip_non_word_chars failing in UTF-8 mode

On  4.05.05, John E. Davis wrote:
> G. Milde <g.milde@xxxxxx> wrote:

> >My txtutils mode (jedmodes.sf.net/txtutils) defines the blocal
> >variable "Word_Chars", however an incorporation into the standard jed
> >(similar to the TAB variable) would be nice.
>
> jed's dabbrev.sl supports a buffer-local "Word_Chars" variable.

because I put it there  ;-)

> I will look into making it intrinsic when I revisit the code in the
> context of UTF-8.

Thanks.

BTW:

Is there really need for distinct "dabbrev_word_chars" in the mode_info?
Does someone use/want dabbrev_word_chars different from word_chars
for a mode?

Otherwise we could rename them to "word_chars" and use also in
skip_word() and bskip_word() [and in mark_word(), get_word(), ... from
Jedmodes txtutils].

Guenter

--
G.Milde web.de