RE: WJed key bindings and utf-8

I agree, we should use iconv. As you say iconv may be useful also for other
applications (slrn comes to my mind), so why not add and iconv-like
interface to slang (both C api and interpreter)? At compile time, we can
choose between using an already installed iconv, or fallback to a dummy (or
simple hand written) version, useful if iconv is not installed or just
because of size concerns: iconv.dll is ~= 900K on windows.

> [...]
> >+   MAKE_INTRINSIC_S("utf8_decode", utf8_decode, SLANG_VOID_TYPE),
> >+   MAKE_INTRINSIC_0("utf8_encode", utf8_encode, SLANG_STRING_TYPE),
>
> With iconv, these are not necessary, right?

Yes, these where an alternative way, but I said, I prefer using iconv.

Thanks,
							Dino