Re: WJed key bindings and utf-8

SANGOI DINO <SANGOID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>now another thing: I did an iconv module. I tried it under slsh, and =
>for
>some small tests seems to work.

I think that iconv is the way to go.  A general purpose iconv module
should also prove useful in other applications.  However, eventually I
think that jed ought to have iconv built-in if iconv solves the problem.
Not all systems supported by jed have dynamic linking.

[...]
>+   MAKE_INTRINSIC_S("utf8_decode", utf8_decode, SLANG_VOID_TYPE),
>+   MAKE_INTRINSIC_0("utf8_encode", utf8_encode, SLANG_STRING_TYPE),

With iconv, these are not necessary, right?