Re: An automatic file encryption/decryption package?

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm looking for a jed package that will automatically encrypt and
> decrypt the files that are being edited, much like the functionality
> offered by the '-x' command-line option to 'vi'.
>
> I couldn't find anything like this in all the usual places, and I'm
> wondering if any of you might know of something.

You can abuse compress.sl for this. If you add the necessary values to
the arrays at the begining of the file and you enable autocompression, it
should work.

#v+
static variable Compressed_File_Exts
  = [".gz", ".Z", ".bz2", ".gpg"];

static variable Compress_File_Pgms
  = ["gzip",
     "uncompress",
     "bzip2",
     "gpg --encrypt ..."];

static variable Uncompress_File_Pgms
  = ["gzip -dc %s",
     "uncompress -c %s",
     "bzip2 -dc %s",
     "gpg --decrypt ..."];
#v-

Joerg.

--
Professor: "Gott", unverständliches und mythisches Wesen, das sich einmal
  pro Woche im Kreis der Sterblichen manifestiert um Weisheit auf Folien