Re: python mode: indenting a region

On 15.03.05, Joachim Schmitz wrote:

> how can I indent a region more than one tab in python-mode.
> ^C >
> always deselects the region, so that it is not repeatable ?

There are several possibilities:

You could use push_mark() or push_visible_mark() several times when
starting the region marking (See Help>Where Is Command to find the
keybinding, set one, if there is none)

You could mark a rectangle at the start of the region's lines and use the
function open_rect() (Edit>Rectangles>Open Rectangle) to insert a square
of spaces. You have to set the right amount of the inserton by placing
the mark and point accordingly, but get the "multi-indendation" with one
command.

(BTW, with my bindings (cua emulation), "^C >" would copy (and deselect) the
region, and self-insert " >" ;-)

--
G.Milde web.de