Re: new development snapshot available

On  1.03.05, SANGOI DINO wrote:
> [...]

I am still waiting for a debian package to test jed 99.17 (too busy writing
my thesis (and depending on jed for that) to start compiling).

> After looking at his cuamisc.sl on jedmodes, I see that there is a
> delete_cmd() function. It is different form delete_char_cmd() because
> is region-aware: if you have a region marked, delete_cmd() will remove
> the entire region, instead of one character, to behave much more like
> cua.

This is what delete_cmd() is for: make the DEL behave like in most cua
application. Actually, it tests for a *visible* region, so a region set
with push_mark() will not be affected. This prevents nasty accidents,
as might happen else e.g. in the minibuffer.

Is there a reson, why delete_cmd() was not included in the standard
cua.sl? How about backspace_cmd()?

> Now I see also that F3 key is bound to repeat_search(), but also this
> function is missing from cuamisc.sl (while present in Günter's version).

repeat_search() is actually nice to have not only for cua. Similar
functions are ws_repeat_search() (in wordstar.sl) and most_find_n() in
most.sl.

I remember a discussion whether repeat_search() should go to site.sl...

G.Milde web.de