Re: jed 0.99-17 looks good

Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Well, the documentation for integer() has not changed:
>
>   The `integer' function converts a string representation of an
>   integer back to an integer.  If the string does not form a valid
>   integer, a type-mismatch error will be generated.
>
>Though this should be a ParseError now as in the my_integer() below.

The docs need to be updated to indicate what exceptions a function
will generate.  Actually, integer currently does not even generate
ParseError.  It generates SyntaxError, which is a subclass of
ParseError.  I recommended ParseError instead of SyntaxError because
it seems to me that it ought to generate something like
ConversionError (which does not currently exist), which could be a
subclass of ParseError.