Re: jed 0.99-17 looks good

On 25.11.04, John E. Davis wrote:
> Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >     return integer(a[np]);
> >
> >on or near line 185.  Apparently this would give a 0 in slang 1, but gives an
> >error in slang 2 when a[np] is not an integer.
>
> The slang2 way of handling this would be to use:
>
>    try
>      return integer (a[np]);
>    catch ParseError:
>      return 0;

If this is the only change needed for filelist.sl, I would prefere a
backwards compatible solution like checking if the string consists purely
of number chars (as in the particular context, I do not expect
hexadecimal values).

Is there a function, that checks whether a string contains characters except
0-9?

G.Milde web.de