Re: save buffer variables

On 23.11.04, Joerg Sommer wrote:

> > So, it might not be sensible to have this as a default. For machine
> > language modes things can be different.
>
> But some informations like the master file of a file in interesting and
> may not be reproducable at loading, because the master file can be
> anywhere.

Having this info in .jed/recent or in the very file would both be possible
in this context. It mainly depends on your work style:

  If you use the file on different machines, it is preferable to have it
  in the file,

  if you share the file with other people, it might be better to have
  it in a separate file (alongside the info about your last editing
  position).

> But I learn from your answer there is no such mechanism. Is this correct?

I think so. Even worse: there is no way to find out which blocal
variables are set (as _apropos for "normal" variables).

BTW: When looking for the "magic pattern", bol_fsearch(pattern) should
be faster than while(down_1)... .

G.Milde web.de