Re: save buffer variables

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:11:21 +0000 (UTC), Joerg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Why outside? It is an informations very special to the file.
>  It is like
>
> $ head -n1 /etc/mol/molrc.input
> # -*- perl -*- (for emacs syntax coloring)
>
> in emacs or
>
> $ tail -n1 /etc/init.d/exim4
> # vim:tabstop=2:expandtab:shiftwidth=2

The mode and tabstop settings are certainly file-specific.  I don't know
about expandtab or shiftwidth.  Other settings may be more specific to the
user editing the file, the project the file is a part of, etc etc.  I don't
use latex, but I would expect the filetype of the latex output file is mostly
a personal preference.