jedmodes.sf.net online again

Dear Jedies,

The Jedmodes repository was killed by the hosting sourceforge.net due to
"inacivity" this summer. I'd like to thank Klaus Schmidt for his setup of
http://jedscripts.freelinuxhost.com to keep the "modes" accessible to the
public.

After a lenghty decision process about trying to reopen or moving
elsewhere we asked for a restoration of the sourceforge project (see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200001&aid=1015226&group_id=1
)

As a result, http://jedmodes.sf.net/ is up again.

You can browse the catalogue of registered modes among others by
  title: http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/modes/title/
  date: http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/modes/date/
  category: http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/categories/
or grep in the metadata for a regular expression.

Download via the download form in http://jedmodes.sf.net/ is currently
broken! (it still works for old versions (up to 2004-07) but is to be
reworked due to Sourceforge policy. Sources were transferred to the
congruent versions system (CVS) or the Sourceforge file release system
(FRS). The newest versions are accessible via
  CVS: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jedmodes/mode/
  FSR: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=14968

There are plans to set up a convenient download mechanism again. See
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200001&aid=1062427&group_id=1

BTW: is there a need for different archive formats (.tar, .tar.gz,
     .tar.bz2, .tgz) as in the old download form or could this be made
     a lot easier by just offering .tgz?

The documentation http://jedmodes.sourceforge.net/doc/ is updated as
well, however still incomplete as there are changes ahead (see above).

People planning to contribute are asked for patinence (mail me or the
list your questions, suggestions).

Sincerely

Günter Milde

--