Re: When a new version of JED will be released?

SANGOI DINO wrote:
Would it be possible for the scrap to 'know' with what kind
of region it was created (the way that brief does)?

Some time ago I wrote a patch for this. I took a 'minimalistic' aproach:
there is only a new jed function (set_mark_rect_cmd) to define a rectangular
selection, and a new intrinsic function (mark_is_rect) to test if the
current region is rectangular. Beside the graphic appareance, rectangular and standard selections are the
same. So you can do a standard selection and call the rectangle operations
(kill_rect, ecc) just like before, or make a rectangular selection and
handle it with standard cut&paste functions.

This is almost what I intended. What I had in mind is this:
   * I make a rect mark (with set_mark_rect_cmd)
   * call copy_region
      - rectangle is copied
      - 'scrap.type' set to 'rectangle'
   * move somwhere else
   * call yank
      - rectangle is inserted

I solved this in my brief mode with variables Brief_Mark_Type and
Brief_Scrap_Type, but it does not allways work. It would work if
Brief_Scrap_Type were a scrap-local variable (is it possible?).

Brief suppots the following types
   - inclusive (cursor is part of region)
   - exclusive
   - column (rectangle)
   - line (whole lines from mark to point are highlited)

Marko