Re: Colors and modes and stuff

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 01:07:07AM +0300, Jani Alanko wrote:
> Hi. I've been using jed for some time as my mail editor with mutt,
> using muttmail.sl. Well, some of the stuff I'm about to ask are
> propably somewhat rtfm stuff, but...
>
> Is there a way to put install modes to some subdir in my home
> directory, like ~/.jed/ or something?
> I mean, I have muttmail.sl installed in some /usr/share/blah dir and I
> have made some changes to it (removed greeting and changed colors) and
> then if I, for some weird reason, would have to reinstall os I would
> also have to reinstall the modes. And maybe customise them again in
> case I had no backup (which I do).
> If there would ~/.jed/ or something, then they would safe in the other
> partition where my /home is and usable right after installing jed
> again.
>
> But now that I think about it, an idea rises from the depths: could it
> be possible to just put some line in .jedrc that would make jed to
> look for modes and stuff from ~/.jed/?

You can add directories where Jed will look first for modes.  Here
is an example from my .jedrc:

    public variable Jed_Home_Library = "/home/dkuhlman/.jed,/home/dkuhlman/.jed/ispell";
    set_jed_library_path(Jed_Home_Library + "," + get_jed_library_path());

Then, think about using two separate .jedrc files (with different
names or in different directories) and pointing jed at one or the
other with the -a flag to jed.

I don't know whether this works for specifying the directory
containing the colors.  *But*, you can certainly specify two
different color schemes in two different jedrc files, if that is
something you'd want.

See set_jed_library_path in the jedfuns documentation, which is
probably available under the help menu, and if not, is in the source
code distribution.

Dave

[snip]

--