Re: Subprocesses and FreeBSD (was: Re: Jed becomes freeze when I trying to exec 'compile' func)

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 11:37:55PM +0300, Templar wrote:
> It maybe should but SIGTERM and SIGHUP the very thing are ignored
> (as usual I've misleaded people: disregarded only HUP, QUIT, FPE, PIPE,
> TERM, URG, IO, INFO and USR1)
To get things totally clear: If you send jed any of the signals listed
above they get ignored? That's very strange; FreeBSD+Jed 0.99.16
appears to use the default handler for SIGUSR1, which should exit.

> There is yet another peculiarity. All keystrokes and signals, that you
> have sended to "freezed" Jed, reproduces after killing it.
You mean you get them in your shell? That's normal if jed hasn't read
them yet.

> 1. is it important for experiment which signal to use when killing Jed?
Only KILL worked, right? So use that.

> 2. "the last few "interesting" pages" - for me isn't clear which
>     of the last :)
>     Will be right approximately final quarter of 'kdump | grep Jed' ?
just give the last 100 lines, if more is necessary we'll ask.

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 9106 FD0D
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl] ICQ#10074100                      D6D9 3E7D FAF0 92D1