Re: Subprocesses and FreeBSD (was: Re: Jed becomes freeze when I trying to exec 'compile' func)

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 12:11:08AM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:
> It is my understanding that FreeBSD has incomplete support for the
> fcntl function when passed certain flags along with the F_SETFL "cmd".
> Under some circumstances, fcntl under FreeBSD will return -1 setting
> errno to EAGAIN.  The infinite loop occurs because jed repeatedly
> calls fcntl with the same result.  Breaking out of the loop after so
> many failed attempts would prevent the "lockup", but it also prevents
> subprocesses from working.
That doesn't explain the hard hang though, a SIGTERM or SIGHUP should
still get received and handled between fcntl calls.

Templar: Could you perhaps run "ktrace -i jed", make it hang and kill it.
Then run kdump and send the last few "interesting" pages?

--
Frank v Waveren                                      Fingerprint: 9106 FD0D
fvw@[var.cx|stack.nl] ICQ#10074100                      D6D9 3E7D FAF0 92D1