Re: ispell problems

Günter Milde <g.milde@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I object to this idea, as I prefer never to change the distributed
> files. Setting up a separate directory for contributions allows to copy
> files there and change them there (this saves your changes from being
> overwritten with the next upgrade and also makes it clear, which files
> are changed and which are original).

This is exactly what I suggested. I don't change any of the distributed
files, just the default installation directory.

> If you want to separate foreign contribs from your own creations, set
> up one more slang-library as described below.

I have not even discussed that. Fwiw, I actually have multiple
directories in my jed library path where I separate contributions by
authors as well as my own libraries. I can tell you that I have a
subdirectory called "milde" under my JED_ROOT where I keep all files by
one Günter Milde ;-)

> > 3) Create a subdirectory $JED_ROOT/contrib

> > 4) Copy whatever third party jed library files you're interested in, such
> >    as the ones from the Jed Modes Repository into $JED_ROOT/contrib

> > 5) Edit your $HOME/.jedrc to contain these lines

>    set_jed_library_path (path_concat(JED_ROOT, "contrib") + "," +
>                          get_jed_library_path ());

> > Jed will now look in both $JED_ROOT/lib and $JED_ROOT/contrib for its
> > function libraries

> My preferred method is to leave this setup to the home-lib mode from
> jedmodes (it will add a Jed_Site_Library and a Jed_Home_Library to the
> jed-library-path when they exist and do some more initializing).
> See the USAGE instructions in the source.

It seems like an overkill to me, in my view it doesn't have to be any
more complicated than what I have described above.

Morten