Re: Line numbers and Visible Tabs

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 08:32:58PM +0200, Robert Lillack wrote:
: Tom Culliton wrote:
:
: > I think you're underestimating the flexibility of this approach.  You
: > could do exactly what you want by a function that changes the syntax
: > colors for space and tab from the special space/tab ones to normal.
:
: Now, I see. You're perfectly right. ;)

However, you shouldn't short-sell your approach.  It's perfect for
those of us who don't like syntax coloring (yeah I know we're in the
minority) but still see the benefit of a physical delimeter for
spaces/tabs.  One can't as far as I can tell, set the color to '.'.

Really, all your patch needs is some wrapper functions to dynamically
change the behavior while a buffer is being edited.

Regardless, thanks for the useful patch.  I hope that John gives it
serious consideration for 0.99.17.

        --Jerry

--
Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!