Re: jed in rxvt

Günter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

GM> I recently switched from aterm to rxvt and was surprised to
GM> see that marking text with Shift-Arrow-key works nicely :-)

Doesn't work for me.

GM> However, as rxvt uses the Alt-Key for itself (in standard
GM> configuration), i can no longer use the Alt-x (and similar)
GM> keybindings. Of course I can do ESC x (and similar), but this
GM> is one keypress more and I am short of time.

If you put

   Rxvt*meta8: false

in your ~/.Xresources and then run  xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources
to have the setting kick in, then it should work for you.
According to the manual page this is the default, though, so
maybe other settings are also playing a part?

GM> Also, Shift-F1 to Shift-F10 will no longer work out of the
GM> box (maybe due to a wrong TERMINAL setting - what would be
GM> the right one)?

I tried various TERM settings and neither can I get the Shift-F1
et al to work. Maybe you need to change keydefs.sl? Generally I
think that xterm-xfree86 is recommended for $TERM under X (I have
seen Thomas Dickey, the terminal wizzard, recommend that)

GM> Any pointers appreciated

Sorry I couldn't help more - the console rules here.

Morten