Re: Re: Re: about the "Recent Files" feature

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 05:38:40PM +0200, Guenter Milde wrote:
> It should be relatively easy to put them in an Associative Array of
> Circ_Type (circled arrays from circle.sl) -- one stack for each type.
I think a better mini.sl could be done without changing the JED source.

> > The popup-menu does slow down. A recent that just replaces the mini-history
> > could be unified with the history-save functions, and use my new rimini-
> > reverse search function (at JMR > misc) to quickly find the file you want
> > to open.

> This sounds like a very nice extension to recent.sl. Maybe one could
> combine the "branching" of the mini-history with rimini in one mode?
> recent.sl would then replace Mini_History["file"] with the last
> opened/saved filenames (or just initialize it on startup?)

I was thinking that with multiple histories and the save-history feature
you don't need a recent, but paths given in the minibuffer can be relative
(usually they are not, because JED pushes a path into the minibuffer).
And not all files are opened from the minibuffer:
-open from script: these should not show up in the recent list anyway
-open from the command line: these should
-open from dired/filelist: these too