Re: Re: Re: about the "Recent Files" feature

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:24:31 +0200 wrote Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 10:15:24PM +0200, Klaus Schmid wrote:
> > - The files-array is identically with the files-array used to
> > recall file names at the file-prompt (find_file, write_file, ...).
> In standard JED, there is just one minibuffer history (and your
> slang-history). It would be much better if different minibuffer inputs would
> have their own histories.

It should be relatively easy to put them in an Associative Array of
Circ_Type (circled arrays from circle.sl) -- one stack for each type.

> > Actually I wrote no menu-entry, but use the recent-feature
> > only with recall (arrow up) at the file-prompt. With some tweaking my
> > files-recall-buffer and my Slang-recall-buffer are not mixed up anymore.
> The popup-menu does slow down. A recent that just replaces the mini-history
> could be unified with the history-save functions, and use my new rimini-
> reverse search function (at JMR > misc) to quickly find the file you want to
> open.

This sounds like a very nice extension to recent.sl. Maybe one could combine
the "branching" of the mini-history with rimini in one mode? recent.sl would
then replace Mini_History["file"] with the last opened/saved filenames (or
just initialize it on startup?)

Milde at ife.et.tu-dresden.de