Re: Re: about the "Recent Files" feature

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Guenter Milde wrote:

>  *  Use a circular array -> no hidden recent buffer

I don't understand this - what hidden buffer are you referring to?

>  *  Save to file only at exit -> less writing
>  *  Save last cursor position when saving a file
>  *  Support "restore last session"
>  *  Save/Restore cursor position
>  *  allows regexp-match for files not to include:
>     custom variable RECENT_FILES_EXCLUDE (by GM, based on PB)
>  *  if the line we jump to is in a fold, open it
>  *  local recent-files enabled (patch by Andree Borrmann)

all very nice.

>  *  add path info to the popup menu (idea by Marko Mahnic)

no application I'm aware of does this, and I find it obtrusive.

> Drawback: recent depends on the auxiliary modes circle.sl and sl_utils.sl
> (also at JMR).

I haven't tried it, but in general it sounds nice. Up to John.
Ciao,
     Guido =8-)

--
Guido Gonzato, Ph.D. <guido . gonzato at univr . it> - Linux System Manager
Universita' di Verona (Italy), Facolta' di Scienze MM. FF. NN.