Re: gid/uid bug in JED

Charl P. Botha <c.p.botha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Petr also suggested that this problem can be fixed by changing the type of
>> gid and uid from short to int in file.c, unix.c, os2.c, win32.c, vms.c and
>> in the sys_chmod function in sysdep.h
>
>If you've had time to take a look at this, I would really like to hear your
>comments.  I want to commit a fixed JED to Debian ASAP but preferably with
>your blessing on the solution.

I meant to reply earlier.  I think that using int is fine for now. The
way I fixed it is to use uid_t and gid_t in a consistent fashion;
however, that patch is more extensive than using ints.

FWIW, the problematic section of code is old and goes back to a time
when the ultrix (the system where jed got its start) man page
indicated that the "chown" function took "short" integers for the
owner and group arguments.