Re: window-buffer state

John E. Davis <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While I can see how these hooks may be used to log information
> enabling one to reconstruct a window state, how would they be used in
> practice?  What sort of problem is being solved?

Thank you for your quick reply.
I think the hook functions should be assigned to the corresponding script
functions before the first buffer gets loaded. These hooks could be used
like internal hooks or also like the format_paragraph_hook
Solved problems, e.g.: if I edit one buffer in two windows, have then a
pop2buf, then want to switch back, the current scroll and point position in
this window might be lost.

-- Klaus