Re: Escape sequence for Shift-TAB

Andy Sy <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>What about under Windows? Would this be it?
>
>variable Key_Shift_Tab  = "^@^O";

Yes.  The DOS/Windows key-sequences are derived from the underlying
scancodes provided by the OS for the key.

>It was actually more a slang question than a jed one.
>I'm trying to figure out what would be the appropriate
>keysym value I should assign to Shift-Tab as well
>as the other ones that give SL_KEY_ERR by default (i.e.
>don't have keysyms defined)

  Keysym values greater than 1000 are reserved for applications.

>I'm trying to build a Slang-based CUA text widget library
>and would like to have standard keysym values for CUA
>keys like Shift-TAB, Ctrl- and Shift- arrows, and Ctrl-
>and Shift- Ins,Home,Del,End,PgUp,PgDn... if there is
>such a thing...

  You are probably going to have a problem with many of these keys.
  There do not appear to be any standards regarding them--
  particularly the Ctrl key variants.  In fact, the terminfo and
  termcap databases contain no entries for them.

  Finally you may want to consider using the more powerful keymap
  interface of the slang library rather than the more limited
  slkeypad interface.  The slkeypad interface is built on top of the
  slkeymap routines.

  Good luck,