Re: Escape sequence for Shift-TAB

> Putty sends the following sequence for shift tab, as shown by od -c
>

> 033   [   Z
>

> In my own human readable words, that's
> escape left-square-bracket capital-zed
>
> When using putty, if a login prompts for my terminal type I always say
> "xterm", and everything seems to work as expected, so I assume the above
> sequence is what a real xterm terminal would send when you press
> shift-tab.

Yep, just saw this in termcap-BSD. By the way, putty
is quite nifty for a free telnet/ssh client. It even
works better than CRT in some ways.

Ok, next question would be what's the best keysym to
assign to it? This is probably more a slang question
than a jed one so if the reply is at alt.comp.s-lang,
it's fine by me.

I find it really tedious to have to configure the
terminal client as well as load in the appropriate
keymaps AND define the keysyms in your program.
Moreover the behaviour is different when using the
windows command-line and the ESC sequences don't
apply in this case so one has to have his program
define a new set of keysyms... I suppose jed does
something like this internally?