Re: Escape sequence for Shift-TAB

Andy Sy <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I find it really tedious to have to configure the
>terminal client as well as load in the appropriate
>keymaps AND define the keysyms in your program.
>Moreover the behaviour is different when using the
>windows command-line and the ESC sequences don't
>apply in this case so one has to have his program
>define a new set of keysyms... I suppose jed does
>something like this internally?

Why do you have to define keysyms for jed?  If you look at
jed/lib/keydefs.sl, you will find that the variable Key_Shift_Tab has
been defined.  In fact, for Unix, this variable's value is set to
"ESC [ Z", if there is no corresponding value in the terminal
database.  By looking at that file, you will also note that many
key combinations, e.g., Ctrl-Insert corresponding entries in the
terminal database.

It also appears that Xjed does not assign a key-sequence for
Shift-TAB.  For the next release I will adopt ESC[Z for it.  In the
mean time, you can add:

   #ifdef XWINDOWS
   x_set_keysym (0xFF09, '$', "\e[Z");
   #endif