Re: [0.99-15] Some problems and questions

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 10:12:04AM +0200, Martin Klaiber wrote:
> (a) The Ada-compiler gnatgcc produces line and column-information if
>     an error occurs. The column-part always contains a leading zero
>     if lower than ten, the line-part doesn't. If this column-part is
>     "08" or "09", I get the error-message "S-Lang Error: Syntax
>     Error: Unable to convert string to integer" when calling
>     compile_parse_errors(). So, here the parsing works alright:
>
>     | dp_screen.adb:7:07: declaration expected
>
>     But here I get the above error-message:
>
>     | dp_screen.adb:7:08: declaration expected
>                       ^^
>     If I manually remove the leading '0' it's also parsed right.

Leading zero is used as an identifier for octal numbers. "017" is decimal
8+7=15. Octal numbers only have digits from 0 to 7 so thats why 07 works but
08 + 09 doesn't - they are no valid octal numbers.

It should be possible to change the regexp for GNU compilers in compile.sl
to eat up the leading zero to fix this problem - or the internal function
"compile_parse_errors_dir" should do that on any line or column number.
I doubt any compile prints anything else than decimal numbers.

Andree