Re: RE: Ignore_Beep doesn't

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charl P. Botha" <c.p.botha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jed-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: RE: Ignore_Beep doesn't

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 10:28:26PM +0100, ks wrote:
> > On Debian (not pertinent here, but interesting), we have a jed.conf in
> > /etc
> > > (which gets called by site.sl if there's no defaults.sl) that calls
.sl
> > > files in /etc/jed-init.d/.  In this way, one can drop "modules" in
> > > /etc/jed-init.d/ that get executed by JED at startup, but are
persistent
> > > over JED upgrades.
> >
> > Could you post jed.conf and a short description of these modules?
>
> I've attached the /etc/jed.conf (which John made, coincidentally).  You
can
> drop almost arbitrary .sl files in /etc/jed-init.d.  I've attached one
which
> does debian specific customisation as well as a short README describing
the
> startup scheme.
>
> Keep in mind that a user's .jedrc (or global jed.rc) can still override
any
> of these settings.

Nice feature. Thank you.
It seems well suited to implement a user script library.
Maybe it could be improved further by using an extended autoload function:

  autoload( "/etc/jed.init.d", "*");

which should mean: if any function is not yet defined, and not included in a
specific autoload, all files in the indicated folder will be evaluated to
get the
function and all accompanied functions defined. Dependency and order
problems might be solved by dummy functions in each file head.

Thus the library will be evaluated just in time and will not increase
startup time
of jed.

Would it be a problem to change your name convention .jedrc into
jedini.sl  in order to switch more easily between different worlds with just
one user initialization file?

Klaus