Re: Folding (was: Re: towards 1.0)

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 12:52:58PM -0500, John E. Davis wrote:
> Romano Giannetti <romano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I think that folding mode should use a set of keystrokes starting with
> >something different from _Reserved_Key_Prefix, and that its function should
> >add to the menubar.
>
> I do not see a way to use a different set of key-sequences without
> conflicting with one emulation or the other.  Since there are only a limited
> number of universally applicable key-sequences available, I do not see
> a general solution to the problem (given M keys and N functions where
> N>M).

I use (although I suspect I should say _mis_use) this in my latex_mode_hook()

        _Reserved_Key_Prefix = "\006"; % ^F
        folding_mode();
        _Reserved_Key_Prefix = "\003";

and I have the folding-commands mapped to ctrl-f something; it is handy for
me because I never use the ctrl-f to do the next-char movement (I use
arrows). It's suboptimal but it works...

                   Romano

--
Romano Giannetti             -  Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416  fax +34 915 411 132