Re: [slang-users] Getting the complete, full error error message

On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 00:45, John E. Davis <jed@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finally, jed also makes use of the SLang_User_Clear_Error hook, which
> gets called when an error gets cleared.  This could also be used as an
> indication that the traceback queue has been processed.
>
> Does this help?

Yes, especially the error clearing hook seems to be a good method. I've
however found a somewhat less sparse/workaround solution – in the exit
function hook I save the function name and then I check if the trace line
is: /path:digits:the_function_name:…. If it is, then this is the top level
of the traceback ↔ the final part of it. I also check for the "<top-level>"
pseudo-function name.

> Thanks,
> --John

Sebastian Gniazdowski