[slang-users] Creating a S-Lang standalone?

Hi all,

I'm brand new to S-Lang, and even my C experience is a bit rusty, so forgive the possible idiocy of my question.

I've just made my very first steps with S-Lang, I've got the slsh running and was able to compile the demo programs (and apparently install the libraries required to run S-Lang embedded): I think S-Lang looks great, it seems to be just what I was looking for, and it appears to be "the better C".

But I'm still a bit confused by the concept of the embedded interpreter. Suppose I wanted to distribute a standalone executable: How would I pass the S-Lang program I wrote to the interpreter at runtime?

It is my current understanding that I either have to provide the S-Lang part as a separate file which is imported at runtime ("unclean"), or I need to store the S-Lang program in a string variable at compile time (awkward).

Am I missing something, or are these really the only workable options?

(I'm working from Linux, if that does make any difference.)

Thanks in advance,

	Elmar

--
Elmar Vogt / Ludwigstr. 57 / 90763 Fürth / GERMANY
elvogt@xxxxxxx / Tel.: (++49/0)173-591 2993