Re: [slang-users] uninstalling slang

Russell Urquhart <russurquhart1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I compilee two versions of slang in my attempt to get midnight
> comander to work.

MC can be compiled to user either slang or curses.  Are you compiling
your own version of MC, or are you using a precompiled version?  If
the latter, was it compiled for slang?  And if so, why are you
upgrading?

> I compiled 2.3.0 first under OS x. I then compiled version 2.24. So i
> have a kind of hybrid install.

Did you have a problem with 2.3.0?

> As there appears to not be an uninstall option for make, what is the
> best way to uninstall, for an OS X build?

To remove 2.3.0, you will need to remove

   $prefix/include/slcurses.h
   $prefix/include/slang.h
   $prefix/libslang.2.dylib
   $prefix/libslang.2.3.dylib
   $prefix/libslang.2.3.0.dylib
   $prefix/lib/slang/v2/modules/*
   $prefix/bin/slsh
   $prefix/share/slsh/*

where $prefix is the install prefix that you used.  You would need to
do something similar for 2.2.4.

I hope this helps.