Re: [slang-users] slang 2.1.0 released

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 05:41:04PM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:

>   Applications wishing to take advantage of these features
>   should use the new function `SLrline_open2' instead of
>   `SLrline_open'.  For an example, see how this function is used in
>   slsh/src/readline.c.
>
>   SLclass_patch_intrin_fun_table was added to facilitiate the patching
>   of intrinsic tables during runtime.  If you have created dynamically
>   loaded modules, then you may have a good idea what this function is
>   for.
>
>   The SLang_Traceback variable is now interpreted as a bitmapped
>   integer providing greater flexibility and control over traceback
>   messages.
>
>   SLerr_throw was added to permit applications to mimic the semantics
>   of the `throw' statement.
>
>   SLang_verror_va was added to support calling the error routines with
>   a va_list argument.

While preparing an update for Fedora, I've noticed that these new
symbols don't have a new version assigned in the linker script.
Can this be please fixed?

Diff between 2.0.7 and 2.1.0:

SLang_push_ref
SLang_verror_va
SLclass_patch_intrin_fun_table
SLclass_patch_intrin_fun_table1
SLerr_throw
SLrline_bol
SLrline_eol
SLrline_init
SLrline_move
SLrline_open2

It's necessary to keep the script up to date. Otherwise symbol
versioning shouldn't be used and the library soname should be bumped.

Miroslav Lichvar