[slang-users] cURL slang module available

Hi,

I created a S-Lang module that wraps the cURL library.  This module
will allow a S-Lang script to transfer files in a simple and robust
manner using a variety of protocols (FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, GOPHER,
TELNET, DICT, FILE and LDAP).  As a simple example,

   slsh> c = curl_new ("http://www.jedsoft.org/";);
   slsh> curl_perform (c);

will cause the specified URL to be written to stdout from `slsh`.  Of
course you can do much more with the module than that.  In fact, the
reason I wrote the module is that I wanted to download various
podcasts to my mp3 player.  The resulting "podcatch.sl" script
utilizes the cURL and SLsmg modules to _asynchronously_ retrieve an
arbitrary number of podcasts and display the progress of the downloads.
I can also make the script available to interested parties.

Documentation and download information about the module be found at

   <http://www.jedsoft.org/slang/modules/curl.html>

Finally, I would like to say that I am impressed with the cURL library
API.  I am sure that it took a lot of thought to design a uniform
interface to such a large variety of protocols.  Kudos to the cURL
developers.