[slang-users] Volunteers anyone?

Need help in writing a "text"  (string) based database/file manager.

It will be based possible on Tdbm (multi user version) of GDBM.

I need to get and put variable length fields/records, that are subject to
change into it.

This is to store META data for my SLAG project.

I need to be able to :

Read & write the file. Create a new record. extract and replace
a field inside of the record. The fields will have a "Field"
separator, so if I say :

"read(db_file,"THISKEY") ;
"extract(db_file, 4, intobuffer)" ;

I will be returned the 4th field from record "THISKEY".

Conversely:
"read(db_file,"THISKEY") ;
"replace(db_file, 4, frombuffer)" ;

Will replace the field 4 contents

and:

"read(db_file,"THISKEY") ;
"insert(db_file, 4, buffer)" ;

Will insert AFTER field 4, new data.

Any suggestions, volunteers, helpful pointers, will be appreciated!

Thanks ..

--
Ben Duncan   - VersAccounting Software LLC 336 Elton Road  Jackson MS, 39212
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"