Re: [slang-users] Slang modules and threads?

On Thu, 05 May 2005 17:32:00 +0000, jmrobert5@xxxxxxxxx said:

> I have this module that I wrote for sqlite 3.2.1.

Great!  Looking at the module, it doesn't seem to provide a way to open
more than one database.  From what I can tell, the database handle is in a
static variable:

static sqlite3 *db = 0;

Now, it's possible to import modules more than once into different
namespaces.  However, some testing reveals that static variables defined
by the module are not duplicated - if I change it in one namespace it
also gets changed in the other.  Some more testing reveals that making it
an intrinsic variable doesn't help.  So I would like to ask: is there a
simple way to make this module handle multiple databases?  This question
may also of interest to Ben Duncan, see his message "A question regarding
\"import\"" of April.